Powerful Device Editor
GTS Structure is an intuitive tool for definition and modification of device structures; its state-of-the art graphical user interface facilitates highly efficient use – a significant advantage over conventional solutions.
GTS Structure is first-choice for creating simple test devices as well as sophisticated real-world structures. Using the built-in 2D/3D CAD editor, devices can be either designed from scratch, or created/edited based on a comprehensive set of parametrized templates. Device structures can be imported from other TCAD formats / 3rd-party process simulators as well.
Simulation quantities such as doping and material properties can be defined by analytical functions in the CAD editor, or can be interpolated from measured data.
Furthermore, GTS Structure provides an intuitive meshing engine for creation of structured as well as unstructured meshes in two and three dimensions. It offers various manual and automatic mesh refinement options.
See how it works in the introductory tutorial Device Editor.
Layout-based Structure Generation
Recently, a module for layout-based structure generation has been added, capable of reading GDSII mask files.
See the application tutorial Layout-based Structure Generation.
- 3D CAD editor for arbitrary device structures
- Graphical geometry editor
- Graphical doping editor
- Layout-based structure generation
- Extensive library of customizable device templates
- Import from 3rd-party process simulators / file formats
Graphical Quantity Editor
- Quantity editor using analytical expressions
- Quantity interpolation from various input files
- Robust and easy-to-use meshing engine
- Unstructured and structured meshes
- Quantity-based multiple mesh refinement
Integrated in GTS Framework
- Intuitive and versatile graphical user interface
- Comprehensive scripting interface
- Available for Windows and Linux platforms